A virtually joint European Reference Corpus
The past 20 years have seen an emergence of national, reference and other large corpora of numerous European languages. Most of them have been or are being built in projects of limited duration, but typically based at institutions that are at least to some degree responsible for curating data and for making it available to the respective scientific communities also after the building phase. The idea of EuReCo initiative, founded in 2012, is that such institutions, should join forces and experiment whether a well-designed technology could allow a unifying view on building and exploitation of a multilingual collection of comparable corpora, a goal motivated by the rapidly changing and growing variety of needs of the linguistic and related user communities.
Current projects within the EuReCo initiative
- Kupietz, Marc/Diewald, Nils/Trawiński, Beata/Cosma, Ruxandra/Cristea, Dan/Tufiş, Dan/Váradi, Tamás/Wöllstein, Angelika (2020):
- Recent developments in the European Reference Corpus EuReCo. In: Granger, Sylviane/Lefer, Marie-Aude (Hrsg.): Translating and Comparing Languages: Corpus-based Insights. (= Corpora and Language in Use, Proceedings 6). Louvain-la-Neuve: Presses universitaires de Louvain, 2020. S. 257-273.
- Kupietz, Marc/Cosma, Ruxandra/Cristea, Dan/Diewald, Nils/Trawiński, Beata/Tufiş, Dan/Váradi, Tamás/Wöllstein, Angelika (2018):
- Recent developments in the European Reference Corpus (EuReCo). In: Granger, Sylviane/Lefer, Marie-Aude/Aguiar de Souza Penha Marion, Laura (eds.): Using Corpora in Contrastive and Translation Studies Conference (5th edition). Book of Abstract. Louvain-la-Neuve: CECL, 2018. S. 101-103. →text
- Kupietz, Marc/Witt, Andreas/Bański, Piotr/Tufiş, Dan/Cristea, Dan/Váradi, Tamás (2017):
- EuReCo – Joining Forces for a European Reference Corpus as a sustainable base for cross-linguistic research. In: Bański, Piotr/Kupietz, Marc/Lüngen, Harald/Rayson, Paul/Biber, Hanno/Breiteneder, Evelyn/Clematide, Simon/Mariani, John/Stevenson, Mark/Sick, Theresa (eds.): Proceedings of the Workshop on Challenges in the Management of Large Corpora and Big Data and Natural Language Processing (CMLC-5+BigNLP) 2017 including the papers from the Web-as-Corpus (WAC-XI) guest section. Birmingham, 24 July 2017. Mannheim: Institut für Deutsche Sprache, 2017. S. 15-19. →IDS-Publikationsserver